Tuesday, March 02, 2010

Gasta.com: The Peter Jones Pedal Power 1000

Hi,

The Peter Jones Pedal Power 1000

I am writing to ask for your help. David Walliams, of Little Britain fame, approached me last week and asked if I would help him raise money, through business, for his BT Sport Relief Million Pound Cycle Challenge. David is leading the challenge to cycle 1,000 miles from John O’Groats to Lands End, supported by a team of fellow celebrities - Jimmy Carr, Fearne Cotton, Miranda Hart, Patrick Kielty, Russell Howard and Davina McCall. Their aim is to raise £1 million! A real challenge in itself, let alone the actual bike ride.


The team started the gruelling 80-hour non-stop relay yesterday morning (1 March, 2010) and at the same time I kicked off my own marathon money-raising effort that aims to shine a spotlight on charitable companies willing to get behind an amazing cause.

I have pledged to help David by raising as much as I can towards his total, but I need your help in order to achieve our goal.

So how can you help me? In order to help David achieve his target and raise £1 million, I have launched a website asking small and medium sized companies to donate just £100 and be part of my Pedal Power 1000 - it's a bit like the FTSE 100, but with a focus on shining the spotlight on companies who want to help me back a brilliant cause. All details of this challenge and how your company can donate can be found on my home page, http://www.peterjones.tv. So, if you run your own company, or know anyone who does, then please support this Challenge and encourage others to do so too, and help us make a real difference.

After the challenge, I will be inviting the five largest donators, together with five donators chosen at random, to a lunch with me (and some of the celebs doing the challenge), where we can thank you personally for helping support this fantastic challenge and worthy cause.

All you have to do is click here to make your donation.

I would like to thank you in advance in taking the time to read this email and I hope you will get behind David and his dedicated team of celebs in what looks like a very challenging ride.

With my sincere thanks,

No comments: